DENMARK: Carlsberg revenues up 14% in Q1
Danish brewer Carlsberg has posted a 14% rise in net revenues for the first quarter and raised its profit forecast for the full year.
Carlsberg said net revenues for the quarter to the end of March had risen by 14% to DKK8.9bn (US$1.6bn), driven by strong organic growth in developing markets in Eastern Europe and Asia, and a positive contribution from activities in Western Europe. In local currencies, net revenues were up by 15%.
Operating profit reached DKK402m, up by some DKK319m from the corresponding period in 2006.
The brewer said the majority of the profit improvement had come from its operations in Western Europe, which had shown good progress, and from the strong performance at its joint venture with S&N, Baltic Beverages Holding (BBH).
As anticipated, there had been an increase in central costs to support continued business development, the company said.
Carlsberg increased its full-year operating profit forecast by DKK200m to around DKK4.7bn, and said it now expects full-year net profit to be at least DKK2bn, against DKK1.88bn in 2006.
Scottish & Newcastle faces a tough battle to defend itself from the joint takeover launched by Carlsberg and Heineken. But today's announcement of a legal challenge to Carlsberg over alleged breac...
Diageo has launched a GBP5m pack redesign for its Scotch brand J&B....
Maxxium Worldwide has reported record sales in its mid year results....
Beam Global UK has unveiled a new logo and packaging for the established Sherry brand Harveys....
K&N Value Select Corp has said that it aims to buy a stake in The Coca-Cola Co. via a five for four exchange offer....
UK-based brewing group Scottish and Newcastle has officially initiated legal proceedings against Carlsberg over the latter's alleged breach of a shareholders' agreement regarding the two companies' 50...
Bravo! Brands Inc. has had a class action lawsuit filed against it on for allegedly concealing information from investors before filing for bankruptcy....
Peruvian drinks group Union de Cervecerias Peruanas Backus & Johnston (Backus) has reported a 40% drop in third-quarter profits to PEN81.3m (US$27m)....
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Britvic's H1 Performance by Region - Focus
- Alcohol and the risk of breast cancer - ISFAR
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- SABMiller issues currency alert as Africa weakens
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends