DENMARK: Carlsberg restates 2001 net profit after accountacy changes
Danish beer maker Carlsberg A/S has restated its 2001 net profit, based on new accounting rules legislated by the Danish parliament in June last year, of DKK2.151 billion (US$254.8m).
Under old accounting rules, Carlberg's 2001 net profit was DKK2.616 billion.
The profit restatement was due to the amortization of capitalized software and intangible assets, adjustments made to the market value of its shareholding in the Rent a Cooler unit, and a write-off on Carlsberg's Royal Scandinavia unit, now being shown under financial items.
However, the company didn't release any current or forward-looking numbers.
"These new accounting policies will be applied for the first time in the Q1 (first-quarter) Financial Statement 2002, which will also include the effects of the new accounting policies on the outlook for 2002," the beer brewer said, in line with previous statements made.
Carlsberg will release first-quarter earnings May 8.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018