UK: Carlsberg renews Tuborg, Live Nation deal
Tuborg has strong links with live music
Carlsberg's UK unit has renewed a sponsorship deal for its Tuborg lager with live music events organiser Live Nation in the country.
Carlsberg said today (10 June) that it has signed a four-year deal with Live Nation that continues Tuborg's status as the official beer for the events firm's music festivals and key venues.
As part of the deal, Tuborg will be the official beer of this year’s Wireless, Hard Rock Calling and Download festivals, as well as supplying the Global Gathering and Escape in the Park events. Tuborg will also be exclusively stocked in Live Nation’s key music venues: Cardiff CIA, Manchester Apollo, Southampton Guildhall and Sheffield Arena.
Financial details behind the extension were not disclosed.
Carlsberg said it will also step up interactive marketing for Tuborg, including a "Beat the Intro…" game that will appear both on-site at the festivals and across the Tuborg website and social media platform.
The current marketing programme, 'Urban Blitz', is in full swing with brand communication in major cities via poster, taxi and telephone kiosk branding.
Gareth Roberts, director of sponsorship and media relations at Carlsberg UK, said: “Tuborg is fast becoming 'the' beer of music and partnering up with Live Nation, the biggest music promoter in the world, is a natural fit for the brand."
Tuborg is also the official beer of the O2 Academy Music Group venues and The NME Awards 2010.
M&A activity within the beer sector this year has been limited to just the one big transaction, in Mexico. Larry Nelson believes, however, that 2010 could have served as the calm before the storm, wit...
Carlsberg-owned Kronenbourg is recruiting 45 additional staff at at its brewery in Obernai in eastern France as it looks to increase exports....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China