DENMARK: Carlsberg rating upped
Carlsberg A/S has had its rating raised. British brokerage research firm Cazenove Equities has moved its rating for the Danish company to "buy" from "long-term buy," citing growth prospects and the brewer's new leaner structure.
In a research note released late last week, Cazenove beverages analyst Sandy Soames said: "We see Carlsberg as a 'special situation' stock that should trade at a premium to the European brewing peer group." Soames also said that his six-month price target was DKK370, while his three-year target was at least DKK500 and possibly over DKK600.
The research firm said that it saw the brewer delivering organic pre-financials (EBIT) growth of up to 55% over the next five years, driven primarily by a cost reduction programme in Western Europe. Cazenove also pointed to Carlsberg's recent buyout of Orkla's 40% stake in its brewery unit as a potential attraction for investment.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research