VIETNAM: Carlsberg raises Habeco stake
Carlsberg has signed a deal to nearly double its stake in Vietnam's Habeco brewing group.
Carlsberg has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Habeco to raise its stake in the Vietnamese brewer from 16% to 30%.
A signing ceremony, attended by Vietnam's prime minister, was held at Carlsberg's Copenhagen headquarters, the Denmark-based brewer said yesterday (17 September).
Habeco is market leader in the northern Vietnam where Carlsberg is present through its brewery joint ventures in Hanoi and Halong.
Carlsberg said: "The increased partnership will provide opportunities for both Habeco and Carlsberg to further jointly strengthen their market positions in northern Vietnam but also in central Vietnam, where Carlsberg is market leader through its brewery joint venture in Hué.
"Carlsberg and Habeco are already partners in southern Vietnam where a new brewery is being constructed."
Carlsberg reported profits up by more than a third in the first half of 2009, but the brewer trimmed its full-year net sales target due to decline on the Russian beer market.
Earlier this year, the brewer said it plans to expand across Asia.
Carlsberg-owned Baltika Breweries has seen an appeals court in its native Russia slash a fine imposed on the company....
Carlsberg is looking to gain US-based investors by establishing a sponsored American depositary receipt programme on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future