VIETNAM: Carlsberg raises Habeco stake
Carlsberg has signed a deal to nearly double its stake in Vietnam's Habeco brewing group.
Carlsberg has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Habeco to raise its stake in the Vietnamese brewer from 16% to 30%.
A signing ceremony, attended by Vietnam's prime minister, was held at Carlsberg's Copenhagen headquarters, the Denmark-based brewer said yesterday (17 September).
Habeco is market leader in the northern Vietnam where Carlsberg is present through its brewery joint ventures in Hanoi and Halong.
Carlsberg said: "The increased partnership will provide opportunities for both Habeco and Carlsberg to further jointly strengthen their market positions in northern Vietnam but also in central Vietnam, where Carlsberg is market leader through its brewery joint venture in Hué.
"Carlsberg and Habeco are already partners in southern Vietnam where a new brewery is being constructed."
Carlsberg reported profits up by more than a third in the first half of 2009, but the brewer trimmed its full-year net sales target due to decline on the Russian beer market.
Earlier this year, the brewer said it plans to expand across Asia.
Carlsberg-owned Baltika Breweries has seen an appeals court in its native Russia slash a fine imposed on the company....
Carlsberg is looking to gain US-based investors by establishing a sponsored American depositary receipt programme on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research