UK: Carlsberg quiet on UK Tuborg launch talk
Carlsberg UK has calmed speculation that it is to launch a bottled version of its Tuborg brand in the UK off-trade.
A report in trade magazine Marketing today (31 January) claimed that the brewer has lined up the beer brand in bottles for UK supermarkets. Tuborg should be available in the chains during the second quarter of this year, the magazine said.
However, speaking to just-drinks today, a spokesperson for Carlsberg UK said that nothing has been decided yet. "This report is purely speculation at the moment," the spokesperson said. "We have nothing else to add at this point.
The spokesperson also confirmed last week's reports that the company is in talks to take over from Anheuser-Busch to become the main beer sponsor of this summer's Glastonbury Festival. "We are still in discussions (with the festival organisers)," the spokesperson continued. "No announcement is due until at least next week."
Anheuser-Busch has posted a steady rise in profits and sales for its second quarter....
A local broker has lowered its coverage of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
InBev and SABMiller have had their share coverage raised....
Anheuser-Busch has lined up a super-premium natural spring water for distribution in the US....
Carlsberg has denied reports that it will lose momentum in the run-up to finding a replacement CEO for the brewery....
Budejovicky Budvar has seen beer exports to the US leap in the first half of this year....
US brewing giant Anheuser-Busch is embroiled in a clash with the Wisconsin-based craft brewer Capital Brewery Company over the latter's attempts to trademark the phrase "America's No. 1 Rated Brewery"...
Carlsberg is launching a summer promotion in the UK for its flavoured beer Edge....
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK