UK: Carlsberg quiet on UK Tuborg launch talk
Carlsberg UK has calmed speculation that it is to launch a bottled version of its Tuborg brand in the UK off-trade.
A report in trade magazine Marketing today (31 January) claimed that the brewer has lined up the beer brand in bottles for UK supermarkets. Tuborg should be available in the chains during the second quarter of this year, the magazine said.
However, speaking to just-drinks today, a spokesperson for Carlsberg UK said that nothing has been decided yet. "This report is purely speculation at the moment," the spokesperson said. "We have nothing else to add at this point.
The spokesperson also confirmed last week's reports that the company is in talks to take over from Anheuser-Busch to become the main beer sponsor of this summer's Glastonbury Festival. "We are still in discussions (with the festival organisers)," the spokesperson continued. "No announcement is due until at least next week."
Anheuser-Busch has posted a steady rise in profits and sales for its second quarter....
A local broker has lowered its coverage of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
InBev and SABMiller have had their share coverage raised....
Anheuser-Busch has lined up a super-premium natural spring water for distribution in the US....
Carlsberg has denied reports that it will lose momentum in the run-up to finding a replacement CEO for the brewery....
Budejovicky Budvar has seen beer exports to the US leap in the first half of this year....
US brewing giant Anheuser-Busch is embroiled in a clash with the Wisconsin-based craft brewer Capital Brewery Company over the latter's attempts to trademark the phrase "America's No. 1 Rated Brewery"...
Carlsberg is launching a summer promotion in the UK for its flavoured beer Edge....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends