DENMARK: Carlsberg Q1 prompts rating drop
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week. CSFB has downgraded its coverage of the brewer to 'underperform' from 'neutral' while maintaining a share target of DKK250 each.
CSFB said that the earnings momentum at Carlsberg is likely to be negative as consensus begins to reflect the poor first quarter and significant gap to management guidance. The brokerage also noted that, despite the poor summer weather comparatives in western Europe last year, the brewer's management is forecasting flat-to-declining volume growth for the rest of this year.
Carlsberg's Production Excellence programme is bearing little in the way of margin enhancement, the brokerage highlighted, given the high-re-investment level in marketing and pricing.
CSFB concluded by pointing out that Carlsberg's stock is currently trading at premium on a price/earnings multiple basis to the European brewing peer average.
A new CEO has been appointed at one of Carlsberg's companies....
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits