DENMARK: Carlsberg pushes 'international-ness'
Carlsberg has revealed its marketing plans for the summer. The Danish brewer said yesterday (21 March) that it will run a campaign in 16 countries under the slogan "Drink with a world of friends." The campaign will cost around DKK80m (US$14.2m).
One consumer in each of the 16 countries will win the use of a private jet together with seven friends in the campaign. The prize is part of Carlsberg's aim to create an international profile for its beer brand, the company's brand manager, Jacob B. Knudsen, said.
Carlsberg has introduced the campaign for this summer as there are no international soccer tournaments. Last year, the company spent DKK250m (US$44.5m) on marketing in connection with Euro 2004 in Portugal.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Carlsberg Sverige is looking to introduce a lemon-flavoured beer to the Swedish market....
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends