UK: Carlsberg pushes Export on Free Trade market
Carlsberg UK has launched a campaign to up the profile of Carlsberg Export in the UK. The company announced today (13 December) that, from 10th January 2005, any Carlsberg UK Free Trade customer ordering five cases of Holsten Pils (24 x 275ml bottles) will receive a free case of Carlsberg Export (24 x 330ml bottles).
According to AC Nielsen figures, the company said, Carlsberg Export is growing at 6% year-on-year within the UK premium lager market. Carlsberg credited this success to effective TV advertising and the growing strength of the brand. Carlsberg Export will be returning to TV screens in the New Year with a national advertising campaign.
In a statement, Chris Phillips, customer development director at Carlsberg UK said: "Carlsberg Export is one of the best performing premium lagers in the category and this latest offer gives stockists of Holsten Pils the ideal opportunity to trial Carlsberg Export for themselves."
This offer runs until the end of February 2005, Carlsberg said.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Europe's drinks companies start engines on CETA
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends