DENMARK: Carlsberg prices to be hit by rising costs
Carlsberg has announced that it, too, will raise its beer prices in the coming months.
The Danish brewer told just-drinks yesterday (13 December) that it will follow a raft of other brewers in upping its beer prices, having been "hit severely by the increased and still increasing prices of raw materials".
"Malt, hops, cans and glass prices have increased 15-30% from 2006 to 2007 - and are still increasing," a spokesperson for Carlsberg told just-drinks.
Consumers can expect to see price rises for Carlsberg's products "at higher levels than before", the spokesperson added. The company will do its best to reduce the impact of such increases of commodity costs, by "procuring raw materials on better conditions and by brewing beer more cost-effectively".
Anheuser-Busch, Budejovicky Budvar and several Japanese brewers have already confirmed this month that their beer prices will be affected by increasing commodity prices going forward.
The spokesperson was unable to provide a time frame for the increases. "You have to ask the different markets," the spokesperson concluded.
AmBev, InBev's Latin American operation, had a tough first quarter, hit by higher costs and poor weather in Brazil. Earlier this month, Olly Wehring met with Luiz Fernando Edmond, zone president for L...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch and Labatt Breweries have extended the sponsorship agreement between the NHL and A-B's Bud Light beer brand....
Anheuser-Busch has declined to comment on reports suggesting current CEO August Busch IV has insisted that a takeover of the brewer would not occur "on my watch"....
Heineken's proposed purchase of the beverage division of Swiss company Eichhof Holdings is the subject of an investigation by the country's competition authorities....
Carlsberg is examining all options following the Scottish & Newcastle deal, but has not yet made any decisions on European brewery closures....
South Asia Breweries has launched Carlsberg's flagship namesake brand in India, targeting the country's growing appetite for premium beer....
Carlsberg has begun rolling out its DraughtMaster Professional System in the UK....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends