DENMARK: Carlsberg prices to be hit by rising costs
Carlsberg has announced that it, too, will raise its beer prices in the coming months.
The Danish brewer told just-drinks yesterday (13 December) that it will follow a raft of other brewers in upping its beer prices, having been "hit severely by the increased and still increasing prices of raw materials".
"Malt, hops, cans and glass prices have increased 15-30% from 2006 to 2007 - and are still increasing," a spokesperson for Carlsberg told just-drinks.
Consumers can expect to see price rises for Carlsberg's products "at higher levels than before", the spokesperson added. The company will do its best to reduce the impact of such increases of commodity costs, by "procuring raw materials on better conditions and by brewing beer more cost-effectively".
Anheuser-Busch, Budejovicky Budvar and several Japanese brewers have already confirmed this month that their beer prices will be affected by increasing commodity prices going forward.
The spokesperson was unable to provide a time frame for the increases. "You have to ask the different markets," the spokesperson concluded.
AmBev, InBev's Latin American operation, had a tough first quarter, hit by higher costs and poor weather in Brazil. Earlier this month, Olly Wehring met with Luiz Fernando Edmond, zone president for L...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch and Labatt Breweries have extended the sponsorship agreement between the NHL and A-B's Bud Light beer brand....
Anheuser-Busch has declined to comment on reports suggesting current CEO August Busch IV has insisted that a takeover of the brewer would not occur "on my watch"....
Heineken's proposed purchase of the beverage division of Swiss company Eichhof Holdings is the subject of an investigation by the country's competition authorities....
Carlsberg is examining all options following the Scottish & Newcastle deal, but has not yet made any decisions on European brewery closures....
South Asia Breweries has launched Carlsberg's flagship namesake brand in India, targeting the country's growing appetite for premium beer....
Carlsberg has begun rolling out its DraughtMaster Professional System in the UK....
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends