GLOBAL: Carlsberg partners with Twitter on football app
The brewer has joined forces with Twitter
Carlsberg has linked up with Twitter to launch an app aimed at fans of English football's Barclays Premier League.
The free app, called Strikr, claims to be the first of its kind which collates and filters Premier League news, uniquely for every user. The app, available on Apple and Android devices, also encourages fans to share their ups and downs as they follow their teams' performances, Carlsberg said.
The app was developed in collaboration with Twitter, as it uses hashtags and real-time conversations from the social media site.
“The Premier League would be nothing without its fans, all 4.7bn of them, and this app allows fans to easily get involved with the banter before, during and after the match,” said Daria Rasmussen, senior digital manager at Carlsberg Group.
The initiative is tied into a new global campaign that went live in September.
The Danish brewer is also the current official beer sponsor of the Barclays Premier League.
Last month, the company announced planned changes to its ownership structure.
As we start our annual series of management briefings that focus on environmental sustainability, Ben Cooper looks at the importance of integrating the issue into all aspect of a company's operations ...
Published by Canadean, this Quarterly Beverage Tracker report provides a detailed analysis of the latest developments in the Denmark beverage market...
In the second part of this month's management briefing, which shines the light on the importance of environmental sustainability in the brewing industry, Ben Cooper considers the impact of stakeholder...
In the third part of this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper reviews the environmental sustainability of three of the world's biggest brewers: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Carlsberg and Diageo....
Carlsberg has unveiled three new ads to support the launch of its Seth & Riley's Garage alcoholic lemonade brand. ...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts