UK: Carlsberg 'Makes Time' for San Miguel campaign
The ad campaign for San Miguel will run through the Summer
Carlsberg has given the Spanish beer brand San Miguel an outdoor and press advertising push in the UK.
The brewer's unit in the country said today (6 August) that the campaign, entitled 'Make Time', will have two executions and constitutes a “multi-million pound” investment. The two ads - 'Hourglass' and 'Sundial' - are based on San Miguel’s chalice glass.
The campaign has been rolled out nationwide and will run throughout August - a second push will launch later in the month, focusing on key cities across the UK, including London, Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds. Cinema advertising will also run throughout the summer featuring the 'slow men' advert first aired last year.
It is the biggest outdoor poster campaign in the history of Carlsberg UK, using around 11,000 poster sites across the UK, including bus stops and digital panels on the London Underground.
The ads will also appear in national press such as The Guardian and The Times as well as men’s magazines like GQ and FHM.
Carlsberg handles San Miguel, which is owned by Mahou San Miguel, under licence in the UK. Mahou San Miguel sided with Carlsberg after its arch-rival in Spain, Heineken, acquired the UK operations of former partner Scottish & Newcastle.
One of the ads can be seen on the right.
There are sound reasons behind Anheuser-Busch InBev's foray into the cider market with Stella Cidre, but the brand needs to be clear about what it's trying to do if it's going to survive as a latecome...
The Chilean drinks giant part-owned by Heineken, Compania Cervecerias Unidas, has recorded a drop in full-year profits following the sale of its stake in Aguas CCU Nestle....
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research