ITALY: Carlsberg loses second Italian CEO in 2007
Carlsberg has lost a second CEO at its Italian unit in the space of nine months.
Alberto Frausin was unveiled today (17 September) as the incoming CEO at Carlsberg Italia. Frausin joins the brewer from Italian cheese company Galbani, and replaces Boguslaw Bartczak in the role, following Bartczak's decision to quit the Carlsberg group and return to his native Poland.
The changeover will take effect from 1 October.
In January, Bartczak replaced Claudio Riva as the head of the Italian arm. Speaking to just-drinks at the time, a spokesperson for Carlsberg declined to go into the reasons behind Riva's departure, but said that the brewer has faced challenges at the wholesale level over the last three years in the country. When contacted by just-drinks today, however, a Carlsberg spokesperson said that Bartczak's appointment in January had always been planned as a temporary measure. "Boguslaw always wanted to leave Western Europe and return to Poland," the spokesperson said.
In March, Carlsberg announced the planned sale of one of its two Italian breweries. The Ceccano facility was put on the market amid what Carlsberg described as "challenging" conditions in the country. "Italy remains a problem child for us, along with Turkey," the spokesperson told just-drinks today. "Now that we have a new CEO in place, however, we remain hopeful that he will strengthen our position in the market."
Baltika has confirmed a marked lift in its full-year dividend payment to shareholders....
Carlsberg's bid to take over part of Scottish & Newcastle has been approved by the European Union....
The proposed acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle by joint bidders Heineken and Carlsberg has raised anti-trust issue concerns following a referral from the Irish Competition Authority to the European ...
Heineken's deadline for its proposed acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle assets has been extended by the European Commission....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Scottish & Newcastle has been given full clearance to proceed with the construction of its first brewery in Vietnam, according to local reports....
Anheuser-Busch has refused to be drawn on claims that it is the latest brewer to consider scuppering Carlsberg and Heineken's move for Scottish & Newcastle....
Carlsberg and Heineken have ended a nerve-wracked week by noting the issuance of the scheme document for their acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets