UK: Carlsberg launches Tuborg Christmas Brew
Carlsberg launches Tuborg Christmas Brew in the UK
Carlsberg has brought its Tuborg Christmas Brew to the UK as it seeks to tap into consumer thirst for new beers.
Bottles of Tuborg Christmas Brew are exclusively available in JD Wetherspoon pubs across the UK for the next 10 weeks, Carlsberg said today (22 November). The launch comes as brewers attempt to diversify their portfolios on a tough UK beer market.
The 5.6% abv beer is brewed with lager, müchehener and caramel malt, plus English liquorice. It has already performed well in Denmark, where it is the fourth biggest beer brand by volume, despite only being available for ten weeks of the year.
Carlsberg said that it could not disclose pricing details for the beer.
High-end bottled lager, imports and real ales have continued to perform well in the UK amid a torrid time for the mainstream beer sector. Last week, SABMiller reported that volume sales at its Miller Brands arm in the UK, which imports Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Tyskie and Miller Genuine Draft, rose by 25% in the six months to the end of September, albeit off a low base.
The UK beer market, meanwhile, reported its biggest quarterly fall since records began in the third quarter of 2010.
SABMiller could seek to further streamline its production facilities in parts of Europe and North America if consumer demand for beer continues to be weak....
Click play, below, to view the thoughts of SABMiller's CEO, Graham Mackay, on the brewer's performance in the year to the end of March....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets