BULGARIA: Carlsberg launches lemon Pirinsko as part of wider investment
Carlsberg's Bulgaria unit is making a significant investment this year
Carlsberg's Bulgarian unit is launching a lemon version of its Pirinsko beer as part of a BGN5m (US$3.4m) investment in the brand and its Blagoevrad brewery.
The 2% abv beer, which is 60% lemon juice, is due to go into stores in cities around Bulgaria this month. Among the packaging it will be available in is a half-litre can and a 1.2-litre PET bottle.
Carlsberg said it hopes to take advantages of the trend for "beer mixes" in Bulgaria.
"We expect Pirinsko Radler Lemon to be the next successful step in the development of the brand, as currently it is one of the fastest growing on the Bulgarian market," said Nikoleta Yordanova, brand manager of Pirinsko, Carlsberg Bulgaria.
On a wider scale, Carlsberg said its focus in Bulgaria will be on the "enhancement and maintenance of production and logistics, as well as empowering the Pirinsko brand with new products and communication activities".
Invesment by Carlsberg's Bulgarian unit is expected to total BGN20m in the three years after 2011.
The Danish brewer has a 27% market share in Bulgaria, according to the company's website.
Last week, Carlsberg launched a TV ad for its low-abv Citrus lager brand in the UK.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends