BULGARIA: Carlsberg launches lemon Pirinsko as part of wider investment
Carlsberg's Bulgaria unit is making a significant investment this year
Carlsberg's Bulgarian unit is launching a lemon version of its Pirinsko beer as part of a BGN5m (US$3.4m) investment in the brand and its Blagoevrad brewery.
The 2% abv beer, which is 60% lemon juice, is due to go into stores in cities around Bulgaria this month. Among the packaging it will be available in is a half-litre can and a 1.2-litre PET bottle.
Carlsberg said it hopes to take advantages of the trend for "beer mixes" in Bulgaria.
"We expect Pirinsko Radler Lemon to be the next successful step in the development of the brand, as currently it is one of the fastest growing on the Bulgarian market," said Nikoleta Yordanova, brand manager of Pirinsko, Carlsberg Bulgaria.
On a wider scale, Carlsberg said its focus in Bulgaria will be on the "enhancement and maintenance of production and logistics, as well as empowering the Pirinsko brand with new products and communication activities".
Invesment by Carlsberg's Bulgarian unit is expected to total BGN20m in the three years after 2011.
The Danish brewer has a 27% market share in Bulgaria, according to the company's website.
Last week, Carlsberg launched a TV ad for its low-abv Citrus lager brand in the UK.
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Malaysia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Denmark beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and a...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets