BULGARIA: Carlsberg launches lemon Pirinsko as part of wider investment
Carlsberg's Bulgaria unit is making a significant investment this year
Carlsberg's Bulgarian unit is launching a lemon version of its Pirinsko beer as part of a BGN5m (US$3.4m) investment in the brand and its Blagoevrad brewery.
The 2% abv beer, which is 60% lemon juice, is due to go into stores in cities around Bulgaria this month. Among the packaging it will be available in is a half-litre can and a 1.2-litre PET bottle.
Carlsberg said it hopes to take advantages of the trend for "beer mixes" in Bulgaria.
"We expect Pirinsko Radler Lemon to be the next successful step in the development of the brand, as currently it is one of the fastest growing on the Bulgarian market," said Nikoleta Yordanova, brand manager of Pirinsko, Carlsberg Bulgaria.
On a wider scale, Carlsberg said its focus in Bulgaria will be on the "enhancement and maintenance of production and logistics, as well as empowering the Pirinsko brand with new products and communication activities".
Invesment by Carlsberg's Bulgarian unit is expected to total BGN20m in the three years after 2011.
The Danish brewer has a 27% market share in Bulgaria, according to the company's website.
Last week, Carlsberg launched a TV ad for its low-abv Citrus lager brand in the UK.
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Malaysia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Denmark beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and a...
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Heineken unveils global Desperados push
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014