UK: Carlsberg lands Barclays Premier League deal
Carlsberg sponsored Euro 2012
Carlsberg has signed a three-year deal to be the official beer of England's Barclays Premier League.
The sponsorship starts at the beginning of the 2013/14 season in August and allows the Danish brewer access to league images for branding as well as hospitality rights, Carlsberg said today (15 January). Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
“The Carlsberg brand has a long association with football and we are delighted that this partnership with the Premier League provides us with another platform with which to connect with consumers and football fans around the world and drive greater engagement with the Carlsberg brand,” said Tom Moradpour, Carlsberg brand VP.
Carlsberg is already the official beer for Premier League clubs Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur. It also has a long-standing relationship with Liverpool FC and sponsored the Euro 2012 football tournament in Poland and Ukraine.
This month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor looks at the recent rise in activity from the iced tea category....
The world's biggest brewers have teamed up to launch a campaign in the UK that aims to get drinkers in the country to go back to beer....
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO