BULGARIA: Carlsberg invests in local brand
Carlsberg is looking to invest BGL20m (US$13.2m) in upgrading one of its breweries in Bulgaria. Carlsberg Bulgaria's executive director, Alexander Grancharov, said that the brewer hopes to increase the quality of its Pirinsko beer brand by investing in its brewery in Blagoevgrad in south-western Bulgaria.
The company will fully modernise its production facilities and introduce mew technological lines at the brewery, as well as buying new yeast tanks and launching new filters with state-of-the-art control systems, Grancharov said.
Carlsberg Bulgaria will also focus on improving the design of Pirinsko, which will be marketed in new bottles with new labels.
The company owns two breweries in Bulgaria - in Blagoevgrad and in Shumen in north-eastern Bulgaria - and claims a 26% share in its domestic market.
A new CEO has been appointed at one of Carlsberg's companies....
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends