DENMARK: Carlsberg interested in Champions League
Speaking to just-drinks today (25 May), a spokesperson for Carlsberg answered the claims that the company was interested in the event by saying: "It's an 'if' or 'maybe.' If they come to us, the sponsorship becomes vacant and we have the money, we'd certainly look into it."
The Danish brewer was cited in Esmerk this week, saying that it plans to invest over DKK5bn (US$0.9bn) in new breweries and developing operations. The spend will involve a new brewery in Fredericia, Denmark, annual investments in its joint venture Baltica Beverages Holding (BBH), and a development of Asian operations.
The head of Scottish & Newcastle is to visit Copenhagen, the home of Carlsberg, tomorrow (23 November) to re-outline his attempts to defend the brewer from Carlsberg and Heineken's takeover attempt....
Heineken has refused to be drawn on local reports that it is in line to buy a Czech brewer....
Carlsberg has declined to comment on a call from a Scottish & Newcastle shareholder for the Danish brewer to give further details on the brewers' joint venture in Eastern Europe....
Carlsberg and Heineken have dismissed Scottish & Newcastle's trading update yesterday (20 November) as "unconvincing"....
The likelihood of a union between InBev and Anheuser-Busch has become a stronger possibility, following SABMiller's acquisition of Grolsch, according to a drinks analyst....
Scottish & Newcastle has said that it has made "good progress" in its core markets, despite poor weather during the summer....
Carlsberg Polska is preparing to enter the wine market in Poland this month, according to local reports....
SABMiller has declined to comment on speculation suggesting the brewer is out of the Scottish & Newcastle frame, following its plans to acquire Grolsch....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits