UK: Carlsberg hopes to add an Edge with summer promotion
Carlsberg is launching a summer promotion in the UK for its flavoured beer Edge.
Over eight weeks, the brewer said it will be introducing Edge to more than 85,000 consumers, in its biggest ever sampling programme 'Get Refreshment with an Edge'. The push will target four major cities around the UK . It kicked off in Brighton at the beginning of July and will move in to other major cities and towns during the rest of July and August.
The campaign will drive sampling opportunities in on-trade outlets to consumers who are in beach and city centre areas. Throughout the activity there are free lemon/lime stress balls and money off next purchase for consumers to win via peel and reveal cards.
Robin Chaplin, brand manager for Carlsberg Edge, said: "Get Refreshment with an Edge is far more sophisticated in both its planning and implementation than a traditional sampling campaign: it is a highly personalised and interactive programme, tailored to our target audience. it's now the time when people are looking for a refreshing beer such as Edge both at home and in the On trade."
The sampling activities are supported by a regional media campaign which will include outdoor radio broadcasts and promotions, outdoor, ambient, and online.
This week is proving an eventful one in the battle for control of Scottish & Newcastle (S&N), with the UK brewer today making its official submission to the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Cham...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Whilst Scottish & Newcastle has said that it is still not prepared to talk to the Carlsberg/Heineken consortium regarding its prospective takeover, the UK brewer has set a "starting point" for potenti...
Scottish & Newcastle has given further explanation behind its decision to reject the latest takeover offer by Carlsberg and Heineken....
The Carlsberg and Heineken consortium has had a third proposed offer for Scottish & Newcastle rejected....
Carlsberg has dismissed Scottish & Newcastle's claims over ownership of joint venture Baltic Beverages Holding as "misguided"....
Carlsberg has said it will "have to wait and see" if its consortium with Heineken will up its bid for Scottish & Newcastle....
Scottish & Newcastle has outlined its claim to full-ownership for Baltic Beverages Holding, the brewer's joint venture with Carlsberg....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review