FINLAND: Carlsberg hit with fine over tax evasion, considers appeal
Carlsberg has been fined after being found guilty of tax evasion in Finland
Carlsberg has been fined DKK41m (EUR5.5m) after being found guilty of tax evasion in Finland.
A Helsinki court handed out the penalty to the Danish brewer for failing to pay the correct amount of tax via its subsidiary, Sinebrychoff, between 2006 and 2010. The total tax, interest and fine covering the four-year period amounted to DKK317m.
A Carlsberg spokesperson told just-drinks today (29 April) the company had been in dispute with Finland's tax authorities since 2006. Over the next four years, the company withheld money believing it had paid too much tax.
“In 2011 we decided to pay all taxes required by the Finnish tax authorities for the period including interest and a penalty,” the spokesperson said.
“From 2011 onwards we have paid the required taxes.”
However, Carlsberg has said it considering appealing against the court's decision. “The appeal is against how much we currently, and during the period, have paid in tax,” the spokesperson said. “If we win the case the Finnish tax authorities have to pay back tax together with interest and the penalty.”
Environmental sustainability in the global drinks industry in 2013
Environmental sustainability remains one of the most active areas for the global drinks industry. This four-part report takes an in-depth look at the buzz topic of environmental sustainability throug...read more
Carlsberg A/S - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
Synopsis Canadean's "Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research