INDIA: Carlsberg hires boss for South Asia Breweries
Carlsberg has appointed a new managing director for its South Asia Breweries joint venture in India.
The company said late last week that Pradeep Gidwani, who has previously worked for Red Bull in Asia, Fosters in India, United Distillers, Moet Hennessy and Unilever, will take on the role of managing director for the Carlsberg subsidiary in the country.
Carlsberg senior vice president and chairman of South Asia Breweries Jesper Madsen said: "We are delighted to have Pradeep on board the Carlsberg team in India. He brings to us vast experience in the food and beverage industry with a career spanning over 21 years."
Gidwani, who will take on the position at South Asia Breweries from 15 October, added: "I feel privileged to have the opportunity to take on this dynamic role of leading Carlsberg and its brand's entry into the Indian market."
Yesterday, Carlsberg confirmed it is awaiting government approval for the purchase of the Kolkata-based Parag brewery and declared plans to become the leader in India's domestic premium beer market.
Local reports last week suggested that the purchase will cost South Asia Breweries, which Carlsberg operates with Sri Lanka's Lion Brewery Ceylon, in the region of INR320m (US$7.9m).
The deadline for the second round of bids for Vin & Sprit (V&S) has been set....
Carlsberg has said it is "very happy" with the conditions set by the Russian competition commission (FAS) regarding its plans to acquire complete control of the country's brewer Baltika....
The Russian competition commission (FAS) has given the green light to Carlsberg's plan to acquire complete control of the country's brewer Baltika. However, there were conditions....
Baltika has confirmed a marked lift in its full-year dividend payment to shareholders....
Carlsberg's bid to take over part of Scottish & Newcastle has been approved by the European Union....
Anheuser Busch has responded to recent legal threats from an activist group in the US over its caffeinated alcoholic drinks, suggesting the group is simply interested in generating publicity....
The proposed acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle by joint bidders Heineken and Carlsberg has raised anti-trust issue concerns following a referral from the Irish Competition Authority to the European ...
Heineken's deadline for its proposed acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle assets has been extended by the European Commission....
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets