INDIA: Carlsberg hires boss for South Asia Breweries
Carlsberg has appointed a new managing director for its South Asia Breweries joint venture in India.
The company said late last week that Pradeep Gidwani, who has previously worked for Red Bull in Asia, Fosters in India, United Distillers, Moet Hennessy and Unilever, will take on the role of managing director for the Carlsberg subsidiary in the country.
Carlsberg senior vice president and chairman of South Asia Breweries Jesper Madsen said: "We are delighted to have Pradeep on board the Carlsberg team in India. He brings to us vast experience in the food and beverage industry with a career spanning over 21 years."
Gidwani, who will take on the position at South Asia Breweries from 15 October, added: "I feel privileged to have the opportunity to take on this dynamic role of leading Carlsberg and its brand's entry into the Indian market."
Yesterday, Carlsberg confirmed it is awaiting government approval for the purchase of the Kolkata-based Parag brewery and declared plans to become the leader in India's domestic premium beer market.
Local reports last week suggested that the purchase will cost South Asia Breweries, which Carlsberg operates with Sri Lanka's Lion Brewery Ceylon, in the region of INR320m (US$7.9m).
The deadline for the second round of bids for Vin & Sprit (V&S) has been set....
Carlsberg has said it is "very happy" with the conditions set by the Russian competition commission (FAS) regarding its plans to acquire complete control of the country's brewer Baltika....
The Russian competition commission (FAS) has given the green light to Carlsberg's plan to acquire complete control of the country's brewer Baltika. However, there were conditions....
Baltika has confirmed a marked lift in its full-year dividend payment to shareholders....
Carlsberg's bid to take over part of Scottish & Newcastle has been approved by the European Union....
Anheuser Busch has responded to recent legal threats from an activist group in the US over its caffeinated alcoholic drinks, suggesting the group is simply interested in generating publicity....
The proposed acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle by joint bidders Heineken and Carlsberg has raised anti-trust issue concerns following a referral from the Irish Competition Authority to the European ...
Heineken's deadline for its proposed acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle assets has been extended by the European Commission....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US