DENMARK: Carlsberg eyes M&A with planned ownership changes
The changes are designed to boost the "financial flexibility" of the group
Carlsberg is aiming to make M&A opportunities easier to pursue with proposed changes to its ownership structure.
The Carlsberg Foundation, the group's main owner, has asked Denmark's Justice Ministry to allow it to remove a rule in its charter that says it must own more than 25% of the group. The foundation currently has around a 30% stake in the group.
Flemming Besenbacher, the Carlsberg Foundation and the Carlsberg Group's chairman, said the move is a “logical step” to allow the brewer to “adapt and continuously develop the business”.
Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen, the Carlsberg Group's CEO, said the change to the charter will boost the “financial flexibility” of the group.
He added: “We don’t have any plans for capital increases or major structural changes, but in the event that value-enhancing opportunities arise, we can pursue these more easily with the changed charter.”
Rasmussen said the group is also planning a more “explicit” dividend policy in which dividend pay-outs will equal at least 25% of adjusted net profit.
The foundation, which has owned the group since 1888, said a rule that it must hold at least 51% of the voting rights for the group will be kept.
As we start our annual series of management briefings that focus on environmental sustainability, Ben Cooper looks at the importance of integrating the issue into all aspect of a company's operations ...
Published by Canadean, this Quarterly Beverage Tracker report provides a detailed analysis of the latest developments in the Denmark beverage market...
In the second part of this month's management briefing, which shines the light on the importance of environmental sustainability in the brewing industry, Ben Cooper considers the impact of stakeholder...
In the third part of this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper reviews the environmental sustainability of three of the world's biggest brewers: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Carlsberg and Diageo....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research