DENMARK: Carlsberg eyes brewery sites in Ukraine
Carlsberg has been investigating possible sites for a new brewery in Ukraine.
Local Carlsberg managers have visited a number of different sites in Ukraine, which may be used to build either a new brewery or depot facilities, a company spokesperson told just-drinks today (13 August).
He added, however, that the process was "very premature" and that there was no certainty that anything would be constructed.
Carlsberg increased beer volumes in Ukraine by 9% in the six months to 30 June this year, the Danish brewer said in its recent first half results. The country has been held up as an important growth market by Carlsberg subsidiary Baltic Beverages Holding.
Previous reports in June this year speculated that Carlsberg planned to build a brewery in Ukraine's Kharkiv region. The group refused to comment on the rumours at the time.
Carlsberg has lined up a price increase in the UK, reflecting tough times for the country's beer sector....
UK brewer Fuller, Smith & Turner has today (3 February) announced a 2.5% price hike on its beer....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Belarus has emerged as an unlikely battleground for global brewers in early 2009, after Carlsberg has followed SABMiller in expressing its interest in the country's beer market....
Scottish & Newcastle UK (S&N UK) is taking over the marketing and distribution of Zywiec beer in the UK....
Carlsberg has confirmed that the president of its Baltic division is to stand down from the post....
Scottish & Newcastle UK and Welsh brewer SA Brain have agreed a new partnership deal to cover distribution and brewing....
John Dunsmore, former head of Scottish & Newcastle and now CEO at Ireland's C&C Group, has joined the board of UK brewer Fuller, Smith and Turner....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Focus - Heineken's Q3 Performance by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch