UK: Carlsberg extends Liverpool FC tie-up
Carlsberg has sponsored Liverpool for 21 years
Carlsberg has extended its sponsorship deal with Liverpool Football Club for another three years.
The deal will take the partnership, already the longest-running in the Barclays Premier League at 21 years, to the end of the 2015/16 season, the brewer said today (12 July). Carlsberg was Liverpool's shirt sponsor until 2010, when it became the club's official beer supplier.
“Our (relationship with Liverpool) was Carlsberg’s very first connection to English football - an affiliation which has grown significantly,” said the firm's marketing director, Mike Thompson. “Over two decades later we are thrilled to be continuing our partnership.”
Carlsberg said it has sold an estimated 5.7m pints of its namesake beer at Liverpool's Anfield stadium since its sponsorship began in 1992.
Carlsberg also sponsors rugby league's Challenge Cup through its Tetley's brand. In January, the event's trophy was renamed The Tetley’s Challenge Cup.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2013....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research