UK: Carlsberg extending England soccer deal
Danish brewery Carlsberg is in talks to extend its sponsorship of the England national football team despite its disappointing exit from the World Cup in Germany last week.
However, press reports of a pending four-year deal with the Football Association worth more than GBP32m (US$58.7m), have been rejected by the brewer as "absolutely untrue".
Carlsberg UK sponsorship controller Gareth Roberts said: "We are the official beer of the FA and currently under negotiations for a new deal, to ideally be signed before the end of July. Our relationship is very strong with the FA."
The football World Cup arguably represents the ultimate marketing bonanza for brewers but taking full advantage not only involves major investment above and below the line but meticulous preparation a...
Irish brewer Beamish & Crawford, a unit of Scottish & Newcastle, has signed a deal with Carlsberg that will see the Danish brewer import Beamish stout into the US....
Danish brewing giant Carlsberg has said it will focus on innovation to boost its sales in the UK this year....
Baltika has completed its long-awaited merger with three other brewers owned by the same parent company as the Russian beer maker....
Baltic Beverages Holding has made its first direct investment into Belarus with the purchase of a 30% stake in local beer maker Olivaria Brewery....
Carlsberg has admitted that it has opened a sales office in Bosnia....
Carlsberg has refused to be drawn on reports that it is looking to set up a business in Bosnia....
Anheuser-Busch will decide whether to enter India "probably within three months", the head of the US brewing giant's international operations told just-drinks today (12 December)....
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Inchdairnie and the quiet whisky revolution
- Britvic's H1 Performance by Region - Focus
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- SABMiller issues currency alert as Africa weakens
- Purity Vodka appoints new CEO
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends