UK: Carlsberg extending England soccer deal
Danish brewery Carlsberg is in talks to extend its sponsorship of the England national football team despite its disappointing exit from the World Cup in Germany last week.
However, press reports of a pending four-year deal with the Football Association worth more than GBP32m (US$58.7m), have been rejected by the brewer as "absolutely untrue".
Carlsberg UK sponsorship controller Gareth Roberts said: "We are the official beer of the FA and currently under negotiations for a new deal, to ideally be signed before the end of July. Our relationship is very strong with the FA."
The football World Cup arguably represents the ultimate marketing bonanza for brewers but taking full advantage not only involves major investment above and below the line but meticulous preparation a...
Irish brewer Beamish & Crawford, a unit of Scottish & Newcastle, has signed a deal with Carlsberg that will see the Danish brewer import Beamish stout into the US....
Danish brewing giant Carlsberg has said it will focus on innovation to boost its sales in the UK this year....
Baltika has completed its long-awaited merger with three other brewers owned by the same parent company as the Russian beer maker....
Baltic Beverages Holding has made its first direct investment into Belarus with the purchase of a 30% stake in local beer maker Olivaria Brewery....
Carlsberg has admitted that it has opened a sales office in Bosnia....
Carlsberg has refused to be drawn on reports that it is looking to set up a business in Bosnia....
Anheuser-Busch will decide whether to enter India "probably within three months", the head of the US brewing giant's international operations told just-drinks today (12 December)....
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & Full Year - Preview
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research