GLOBAL: Carlsberg exec urges Western Europe to close digital gap
Carlsberg launched a new Tuborg campaign today
A Carlsberg executive has argued that Western European firms lag behind their Eastern Europe and Asia counterparts in digital marketing.
Massimo Di Dia, Carlsberg's VP for international premium brands, has told just-drinks that the West “has been more careful” when creating content for digital brand support. “In emerging markets, there is more of a risk appetite, while in Western Europe we haven't really been as progressive as we could have been”, Di Dia said.
He also said digital marketing is moving fastest in Asia, followed by Eastern Europe then Western Europe, “especially among the target audience we are talking to”.
“The youth of today are really fast-moving (on digital) and it is one of the areas where Asia and Eastern Europe are ahead of the West," Di Dia said. "The penetration of digital is enormous.”
Carlsberg today (19 May) launched a fresh campaign for Tuborg, which is the Danish brewer's top-selling brand in Eastern Europe. The push will roll out across Europe, however Carlsberg is to support it through existing local brand apps to avoid swamping consumers.
“We are not going to roll out a global app for this campaign,” Di Dia said. “There's already a huge proliferation of apps out there.”
To read a fact sheet on Tuborg, click here.
Carlsberg A/S - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Carlsberg A/S’s heavy reliance on the Russian beer market has come back to haunt CEO Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen. The risk associated with heavily investing in this market has blown back in the brewers' fac...
Alcoholic Drinks in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contain...
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- How big is MegaBrew? ABI/SAB market share, brands
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report