LAOS: Carlsberg denies plan to list Lao Brewery
Carlsberg has denied reports that it is planning to publicly list the Lao Brewery.
Lao Brewery Company, which is a 50-50 venture between Carlsberg and the national Government, is expected to list after Laos' stock market goes live, set for October, according to the local Vientiane Times newspaper.
However, a Carlsberg spokesperson told just-drinks today (4 February) that the group has "no current plans to list Lao Brewery".
Last month, Carlsberg announced that the deputy managing director of Lao Brewery, Søren Lauridsen will replace Pradeep Gidwani as its managing director in India.
The rise of the world's large emerging markets, Brazil, Russia, India, China and Mexico - or BRICM to give them their popular acronym - has been especially significant for the drinks industry. With it...
Russia has a strong drinks sector, especially for spirits, beer and juices. Alcoholic beverage makers are having to deal with flat sales on the domestic market and a government determined to reduce al...
India's drinks industry was not harmed badly by the recession, with domestic sales of soft drinks and juice production all growing steadily throughout 2009, according to a recent Euromonitor report. I...
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research