UK: Carlsberg debuts World Cup advert
Carlsberg has gathered together sporting legends from England's past to spearhead its advertising campaign in the UK to coincide with this year's FIFA World Cup.
Sporting greats, including ex-cricketer Ian Botham and Sir Trevor Brooking, feature in the 90-second advert that first aired on UK television screens on Saturday (8 May).
All the stars combine to deliver "Probably the best team talk in the world" as England's footballers move from their dressing room to the pitch.
Carlsberg has combined with advertising agency Saatchi & Saatchi to produce the advert.
Shorter edits from the advert will be available at a specially created website, www.englandteamtalk.com.
Carlsberg and Saatchi representatives would not be drawn on the cost of the advert. However, given the number of famous names involved, they said that the advert was produced on a "relatively low budget".
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Interview - Harviestoun Brewery MD Toby Knowles
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends