UK: Carlsberg debuts World Cup advert
Carlsberg has gathered together sporting legends from England's past to spearhead its advertising campaign in the UK to coincide with this year's FIFA World Cup.
Sporting greats, including ex-cricketer Ian Botham and Sir Trevor Brooking, feature in the 90-second advert that first aired on UK television screens on Saturday (8 May).
All the stars combine to deliver "Probably the best team talk in the world" as England's footballers move from their dressing room to the pitch.
Carlsberg has combined with advertising agency Saatchi & Saatchi to produce the advert.
Shorter edits from the advert will be available at a specially created website, www.englandteamtalk.com.
Carlsberg and Saatchi representatives would not be drawn on the cost of the advert. However, given the number of famous names involved, they said that the advert was produced on a "relatively low budget".
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends