SWEDEN: Carlsberg "considering" Vin & Sprit auction
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit.
The Swedish government confirmed earlier this week that it will launch an auction for the drinks company, which owns the Absolut vodka brand, next year, with Bacardi, Diageo, Fortune Brands and Pernod Ricard widely thought to be the front runners.
Local reports yesterday (13 December), however, suggested that Carlsberg is also interested in the auction. Esmerk Danish News cited Carlsberg Sweden's chairman, Paul Bergqvist, as saying that the brewer is interested foremost in V&S' units that distribute wine and produce local spirit brands.
When contacted by just-drinks, a reticent spokesperson for Carlsberg said: "We are still considering whether some parts of Vin & Sprit might be interesting for Carlsberg."
Heineken's proposed purchase of the beverage division of Swiss company Eichhof Holdings is the subject of an investigation by the country's competition authorities....
Carlsberg is examining all options following the Scottish & Newcastle deal, but has not yet made any decisions on European brewery closures....
South Asia Breweries has launched Carlsberg's flagship namesake brand in India, targeting the country's growing appetite for premium beer....
Carlsberg has begun rolling out its DraughtMaster Professional System in the UK....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The prospective head of Pernod Ricard has warned that there could be a reduction in the number of flavoured editions of the Absolut vodka brand going forward....
Carlsberg has announced that due diligence has been conducted regarding the possible sale of its stake in Türk Tuborg to CBC Group, and that negotiations are still ongoing....
Carlsberg's principal owner, the Carlsberg Foundation, has completed its disposal of rights to shares in connection with the Danish brewer's DK30.5bn ($6.3bn) share issue....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research