DENMARK: Carlsberg confirms Liverpool sponsorship stretch
Carlsberg has extended its sponsorship deal with English football team Liverpool.
The brewer announced today (27 June) that the extension will run for a further three years until the 2009-10 season, and stretches the partnership, with Carlsberg being the club's official sponsor since 1992, the longest club partnership in the English Premiership League.
"Carlsberg is very determined to support Liverpool in its ambition of continuous improving the team," said Keld Strudahl, international marketing director, Carlsberg. "We hope to see even stronger performance and hopefully some more trophies in the next three years.
The new agreement will allow the continuation of joint marketing initiatives for the mutual benefit of the club and community, as well as to utilise the partnership internationally, Carlsberg said. As official club sponsor, Carlsberg receives a rights package ensuring a global reach including the Far East, Scandinavia and Eastern Europe markets, as well as the core markets of Western Europe.
In February, Carlsberg confirmed to just-drinks that it was in talks to prolong its deal with the team. While no figures were detailed, local reports in Liverpool suggested that the agreement could see Carlsberg stump up GBP21.6m (US$42.04m) over the next three years. The current deal works out at GBP10m over two years, the city's Daily Post noted.
Carlsberg has played down reports that it has backed out of the auction for Vin & Sprit....
The UK Takeover Panel has set a deadline for Carlsberg and Heineken's pursuit of Scottish & Newcastle....
Carlsberg has upped its presence in South East Asia through the purchase of a majority stake in Lao Soft Drink Co....
Carlsberg has announced that it, too, will raise its beer prices in the coming months....
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
Carlsberg and Heineken have played down reports claiming that their latest offer for Scottish & Newcastle will be their final bid....
The UK's largest trade union for brewery workers has voiced its dissatisfaction for both Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle's amidst their current acquisition battle....
Danish reports yesterday (6 December) have suggested that the head of the UK's largest trade union for brewery workers has sided with Carlsberg and Heineken in their attempts to acquire Scottish & New...
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research