DENMARK: Carlsberg confident despite Q1
The Danish brewer Carlsberg said today that profit development was as expected, despite a slower first quarter than hoped for.
Net revenue rose by 3% compared to Q1 2003, when calculated in local currencies. However, due to the strengthened Danish currency, net revenue calculated in DKK was 1% down on last year, totalling DKK6.765 billion.
However, the company said that profits earned in the first quarter of the year have little impact on the full-year profit because of the seasonal nature of the brewing industry.
Operating profit (EBITA) totalled DKK154m against DKK18m in Q1 2003.
The Q1 beer sales of the Carlsberg Group were 16.8m hl, up 4%.
Following the acquisition of Holsten Brauerei, Carlsberg A/S will include revenue figures as of 1 April 2004, and now expects a total net revenue for 2004 in the level of DKK37 billion to 38 billion.
Operating profit is expected to be in the region of between DKK 3.5bn to 3.7bn (unchanged).
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report