TURKEY: Carlsberg completes Turk Tuborg sale
Carlsberg has completed the sale of its majority stake in Türk Tuborg to CBC Group.
The brewer, which confirmed during the summer that it would sell 95.65% of Türk Tuborg in Turkey to CBC, said today (23 October) that the sale has now been completed.
The parties have agreed an enterprise value of US$80m for the company. Adjusted for net interest bearing debt and working capital taken over by CBC Group, Carlsberg will receive net proceeds of US$44.5m.
Carlsberg said that its financial loss on the sale is expected to be in the region of DKK230m (US$39.5m). "The financial loss is higher than previously expected primarily due to movements in working capital and profit and loss up to closing of the deal and special items in Türk Tuborg in September," Carlsberg noted.
As part of the agreement, Türk Tuborg will brew Carlsberg and "a number" of Tuborg brands under licence in Turkey.
The unit currently holds the number two spot in the Turkish beer market, while around 20% of its production is exported to more than 20 countries including the US.
CBC is Carlsberg's partner in Israel and Romania through Israel Beer Breweries.
Both Heineken and Carlsberg this week said that they would focus on cost savings in 2009, as international beer markets struggle in the face the economic downturn. Michelle Russell looks at how both b...
Carlsberg's unit in Norway is set to sell its oldest brewery in the country....
Turkish beverage firm Anadolu Efes has refused to comment on a report that it is eyeing foreign acquisitions in beer and soft drinks....
Carlsberg has teamed up with Nordmann Group in Germany to create what it claims to be the biggest drinks distributor in the north of the country....
Baltika Breweries, the Russian subsidiary of Carlsberg, has begun exporting one of its beer brands to Vietnam....
Carlsberg has confirmed another brewery closure, this time in Finland....
Finnish drinks firm Hartwall and parent company Heineken are to expand Finland's native Lapin Kulta beer across Scandinavia....
Danish brewer Carlsberg's board of directors has appointed its next deputy chairman....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018