DENMARK: Carlsberg CEO leaves for transport company
Carlsberg's CEO plans to leave the company and take on a new role as the head of the Danish transport company, AP Moller Maersk.
The company said today (22 June), that Nils Smedegaard Andersen will take over from the company's current chief executive, Jess Soederberg, in December.
Carlsberg has said it is in the process of finding a replacement to Smedegaard Andersen, who has held the post of chief executive and president of the group for six years.
The Danish company recently lost two other CEOs this month. Jan Bodd, CEO of Carlsberg's Norwegian arm, Ringnes, and Stig Sunde, of Carlsberg Sweden, unveiled plans to step down from their respective positions, with a view to creating their own company.
Bodd and Sunde will leave their positions at the end of August. When contacted by just-drinks, Bodd declined to give details of the new company, but confirmed that he and Sunde were leaving the drinks industry.
Carlsberg has played down reports that it has backed out of the auction for Vin & Sprit....
The UK Takeover Panel has set a deadline for Carlsberg and Heineken's pursuit of Scottish & Newcastle....
Carlsberg has upped its presence in South East Asia through the purchase of a majority stake in Lao Soft Drink Co....
Carlsberg has announced that it, too, will raise its beer prices in the coming months....
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
Carlsberg and Heineken have played down reports claiming that their latest offer for Scottish & Newcastle will be their final bid....
The UK's largest trade union for brewery workers has voiced its dissatisfaction for both Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle's amidst their current acquisition battle....
Danish reports yesterday (6 December) have suggested that the head of the UK's largest trade union for brewery workers has sided with Carlsberg and Heineken in their attempts to acquire Scottish & New...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research