DENMARK: Carlsberg CEO leaves for transport company
Carlsberg's CEO plans to leave the company and take on a new role as the head of the Danish transport company, AP Moller Maersk.
The company said today (22 June), that Nils Smedegaard Andersen will take over from the company's current chief executive, Jess Soederberg, in December.
Carlsberg has said it is in the process of finding a replacement to Smedegaard Andersen, who has held the post of chief executive and president of the group for six years.
The Danish company recently lost two other CEOs this month. Jan Bodd, CEO of Carlsberg's Norwegian arm, Ringnes, and Stig Sunde, of Carlsberg Sweden, unveiled plans to step down from their respective positions, with a view to creating their own company.
Bodd and Sunde will leave their positions at the end of August. When contacted by just-drinks, Bodd declined to give details of the new company, but confirmed that he and Sunde were leaving the drinks industry.
Carlsberg has played down reports that it has backed out of the auction for Vin & Sprit....
The UK Takeover Panel has set a deadline for Carlsberg and Heineken's pursuit of Scottish & Newcastle....
Carlsberg has upped its presence in South East Asia through the purchase of a majority stake in Lao Soft Drink Co....
Carlsberg has announced that it, too, will raise its beer prices in the coming months....
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
Carlsberg and Heineken have played down reports claiming that their latest offer for Scottish & Newcastle will be their final bid....
The UK's largest trade union for brewery workers has voiced its dissatisfaction for both Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle's amidst their current acquisition battle....
Danish reports yesterday (6 December) have suggested that the head of the UK's largest trade union for brewery workers has sided with Carlsberg and Heineken in their attempts to acquire Scottish & New...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research