DENMARK: Carlsberg calms replacement CEO talk
Carlsberg has moved to quell speculation that it has started lining up candidates for the post of chief executive.
Late last week, the brewer announced that current CEO Nils Smedegaard Andersen will move to Danish transport company AP Moller Maersk in December. Andersen has held the top job at Carlsberg for six years.
Recent reports in Denmark have cited company chairman Povl Krogsgaard as saying that between six and eight candidates are currently in the running for Andersen's role. A report in Danish newspaper Boersen suggested that senior Carlsberg executives Joern P. Jensen and Joergen Buhl Rasmussen were the leading internal candidates. "They are both naturally candidates and very, very strong leaders who know the business well," Krogsgaard told the paper.
But, when contacted by just-drinks today (27 June), a spokesperson for the brewer said no candidate list has yet been finalised. "It's still a very open process," the spokesperson said. "The chairman still has lots of talks to have with lots of candidates."
The spokesperson also said that a final list would not be drawn up "until the end of September, at the earliest".
"Now, we have summer holidays in Denmark," the spokesperson noted.
Carlsberg has played down reports that it has backed out of the auction for Vin & Sprit....
The UK Takeover Panel has set a deadline for Carlsberg and Heineken's pursuit of Scottish & Newcastle....
Carlsberg has upped its presence in South East Asia through the purchase of a majority stake in Lao Soft Drink Co....
Carlsberg has announced that it, too, will raise its beer prices in the coming months....
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
Carlsberg and Heineken have played down reports claiming that their latest offer for Scottish & Newcastle will be their final bid....
The UK's largest trade union for brewery workers has voiced its dissatisfaction for both Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle's amidst their current acquisition battle....
Danish reports yesterday (6 December) have suggested that the head of the UK's largest trade union for brewery workers has sided with Carlsberg and Heineken in their attempts to acquire Scottish & New...
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends