GERMANY: Carlsberg buys distribution company
Carlsberg Deutschland has acquired the beverage wholesale company Göttsche Getränke Group, which was majority-owned by Charly Willems. Göttsche Getränke Group is a beverage wholesale company in Northern Germany and Saxony with consolidated net sales of about €100m.
The company has approximately 300 employees and supplies beer, water, soft drinks and wine to more than 1,000 customers.
"The joint distribution platform of Carlsberg Deutschland and Göttsche Getränke Group will strengthen Carlsberg's ambition of being the leading beer and beverage supplier in Northern Germany and Saxony," a statement said.
There will be no change in the management team of Göttsche Getränke Group. In accordance with the agreement for the acquisition of the Göttsche Getränke Group, the purchase price will not be made public, Carlsberg added.
The acquisition is subject to merger clearance by the German Federal Cartel Office.
A new CEO has been appointed at one of Carlsberg's companies....
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts