CHINA: Carlsberg breaks ground on new brewery
The new brewery will make brand Carlsberg beer
Carlsberg has started construction on a major new brewery in southern China as it targets an annual 15m-hectolitre capacity in the country by 2015.
The facility, on a ten-million hectolitre greenfield site in Dali, Yunnan Province, is expected to be the company's second biggest brewery globally, behind its 12m-hectolite Baltika site in Russia. The initial phase of the project is due to be completed in 2015, with a second phase operational by 2019.
During a ground-breaking ceremony last week, Carlsberg China's CEO Stephen Maher said the new brewery will “set the bar high” as Carlsberg aims to accelerate growth in the region. It will also increase the production capacity of local power brands Dali Beer and Feng Hua Xue Yue Beer, and boost local production of brand Carlsberg and Tuborg beers, Maher said.
Carlsberg announced plans for the brewery in June, saying it will invest RMB5bn (US$782m) in the project.
For a closer look at Carlsberg's presence in China, click here.
As we start our annual series of management briefings that focus on environmental sustainability, Ben Cooper looks at the importance of integrating the issue into all aspect of a company's operations ...
Baltika-Baku is expected to continue its endeavours to sustain its leading position in the beer category in Azerbaijan. Combining the wealth of experience from its owner Carlsberg and strong distribut...
In the second part of this month's management briefing, which shines the light on the importance of environmental sustainability in the brewing industry, Ben Cooper considers the impact of stakeholder...
Published by Canadean, this Quarterly Beverage Tracker report provides a detailed analysis of the latest developments in the Denmark beverage market...
In the third part of this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper reviews the environmental sustainability of three of the world's biggest brewers: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Carlsberg and Diageo....
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets