CHINA: Carlsberg breaks ground on new brewery
The new brewery will make brand Carlsberg beer
Carlsberg has started construction on a major new brewery in southern China as it targets an annual 15m-hectolitre capacity in the country by 2015.
The facility, on a ten-million hectolitre greenfield site in Dali, Yunnan Province, is expected to be the company's second biggest brewery globally, behind its 12m-hectolite Baltika site in Russia. The initial phase of the project is due to be completed in 2015, with a second phase operational by 2019.
During a ground-breaking ceremony last week, Carlsberg China's CEO Stephen Maher said the new brewery will “set the bar high” as Carlsberg aims to accelerate growth in the region. It will also increase the production capacity of local power brands Dali Beer and Feng Hua Xue Yue Beer, and boost local production of brand Carlsberg and Tuborg beers, Maher said.
Carlsberg announced plans for the brewery in June, saying it will invest RMB5bn (US$782m) in the project.
For a closer look at Carlsberg's presence in China, click here.
As we start our annual series of management briefings that focus on environmental sustainability, Ben Cooper looks at the importance of integrating the issue into all aspect of a company's operations ...
Baltika-Baku is expected to continue its endeavours to sustain its leading position in the beer category in Azerbaijan. Combining the wealth of experience from its owner Carlsberg and strong distribut...
In the second part of this month's management briefing, which shines the light on the importance of environmental sustainability in the brewing industry, Ben Cooper considers the impact of stakeholder...
The world’s fourth largest brewer, Carlsberg is working to reduce its reliance on struggling European markets. This profile considers the company’s decision to focus on emerging Asian markets and anal...
In the third part of this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper reviews the environmental sustainability of three of the world's biggest brewers: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Carlsberg and Diageo....
Published by Canadean, this Quarterly Beverage Tracker report provides a detailed analysis of the latest developments in the Denmark beverage market...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)