Carlsberg bolsters Vietnam operations
Carlsberg produces its namesake brand in southern Vietnam
Carlsberg's Vietnam unit has added a new canning line to its Hue Brewery as it looks to grow business in the country.
The company said last month that the new line, in central Vietnam's Hue City, represents a total investment of EUR6.4m (US$7m). The line was imported from Germany and has a production capacity of 60,000 cans per hour.
The brewer described the development as "vivid testimony" to its "continuous investment for... further sustainable growth in Vietnam".
Carlsberg Vietnam produces Huda and Huda Gold in Central Vietnam and Halida in North Vietnam. The company also produces and distributes Carlsberg, Huda and Halida brands in South Vietnam. This is Carlsberg Vietnam's second canning line - the first has been operating since 2011.
According to Carlsberg, total volumes for its Vietnam operations increased by 6% in 2015, compared to the year prior.
Last month, Vietnam's beer industry set out plans to increase output by a quarter over the next four years.
Carlsberg is expected to remain a niche player in alcoholic drinks in Pakistan in the forecast period....
Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Bhd (CBM) expects consumption to remain sluggish due to the rising cost of living....
Carlsberg Bulgaria was the third largest and fastest growing beer company in Bulgaria in 2015, commanding a 21% share of volume sales....
Carlsberg Kazakhstan is expected to focus on increasing production capacity for its domestically produced brands and offering new product developments over the forecast period....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends