UK: Carlsberg backs Tuborg abv cut with redesign
Click through to view Tuborg's new packaging
Carlsberg is to support its lower-abv Tuborg with new packaging for the beer range in the UK.
The redesign, which covers bottles and cans from this month, will also include a new tap handle and branded glassware, the Danish brewer said yesterday (23 June). The move follows April's announcement that Tuborg is to lower its abv from 4.6% to 4% for the UK market.
“Tuborg’s new positioning will significantly strengthen licensees’ offer in (the 4%) segment,” said David Scott, director of brands and insight at Carlsberg UK.
The new branding will be on show at live music events in the UK, including Glastonbury, Hard Rock Calling, Wireless and Reading, Carlsberg said.
A Carlsberg spokesperson told just-drinks the new packaging is part of a global roll out that started in Russia and China last year. “Two years ago we relaunched the Carlsberg brand all at the same time in about 140 markets,” the spokesperson said. “With Tuborg we are launching it market by market.”
The spokesperson added that the timing of the redesign in the UK is “a good opportunity to reposition it in the right category".
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2013....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts