UK: Carlsberg backs Tuborg abv cut with redesign
Click through to view Tuborg's new packaging
Carlsberg is to support its lower-abv Tuborg with new packaging for the beer range in the UK.
The redesign, which covers bottles and cans from this month, will also include a new tap handle and branded glassware, the Danish brewer said yesterday (23 June). The move follows April's announcement that Tuborg is to lower its abv from 4.6% to 4% for the UK market.
“Tuborg’s new positioning will significantly strengthen licensees’ offer in (the 4%) segment,” said David Scott, director of brands and insight at Carlsberg UK.
The new branding will be on show at live music events in the UK, including Glastonbury, Hard Rock Calling, Wireless and Reading, Carlsberg said.
A Carlsberg spokesperson told just-drinks the new packaging is part of a global roll out that started in Russia and China last year. “Two years ago we relaunched the Carlsberg brand all at the same time in about 140 markets,” the spokesperson said. “With Tuborg we are launching it market by market.”
The spokesperson added that the timing of the redesign in the UK is “a good opportunity to reposition it in the right category".
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
The world’s fourth largest brewer, Carlsberg is working to reduce its reliance on struggling European markets. This profile considers the company’s decision to focus on emerging Asian markets and anal...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2013....
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Malaysia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- just Five Years Ago - The Birth of Accolade Wines
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Beam Suntory appoints chief HR officer
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research