ROMANIA: Carlsberg associate plans US$25m investment
United Romanian Breweries Bereprod (URBB) is reportedly planning to invest a further US$25m to boost capacity at its brewery outside Bucharest.
The brewer, in which Carlsberg owns a 15% stake, has already spent US$113m on the site, which was set up as a greenfield site in 1997, according to local agency Rompres.
The capacity of the brewery is projected to reach 2.3m hectolitres by 2011, the report said. URBB president Shachar Shaine could not be reached for comment as just-drinks went to press.
URBB brews a stable of brands including Tuborg and Carlsberg under licence.
Carlsberg has shown interest in becoming the main sponsor for the Champions League, which is currently sponsored by Heineken....
Grupo Modelo and Carlsberg have sealed a deal that will see the Mexican giant import and distribute the Danish brand in Mexico by the second half of the year....
Czech brewing company Budejovicky Budvar is considering plans to distribute Carlsberg beer in the Czech Republic....
Carlsberg is set to invest heavily this year in an effort to strengthen its position in the global beer market, according to local reports....
Carlsberg UK and Live Nation have teamed up together in a long-term partnership agreement....
Foster's and Carlsberg have secured a brewing tie-up in Australia....
Carlsberg has won approval from the Danish authorities to amend its charter....
Carlsberg has sealed the purchase of its first brewery in India....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK