TURKEY: Carlsberg appoints new chief at Turk Tuborg
Marshall succeeds Ercument Berilgen who left the company in October after disappointing results. "Barry C. Marshall has worked in Russia for seven years and for the past three years as CEO of the Vena Brewery during which period the Vena Brewery improved its market share and profitability significantly," Carlsberg said.
Bjørn Wiggen, senior vice president at Carlsberg Breweries, who has been acting CEO at Turk Tuborg for the last few months, will return to take up a post in Denmark with responsibilities for the Polish, Croatian, Bulgarian, Malawian and Turkish markets.
Meanwhile, it has also been announced that Peter Chernyshov has been named as the new CEO of the Vena Brewery, which is owned by Carlsberg's joint venture with S&N, Baltic Beverage Holding (BBH). That appointment also takes effect from 1 February 2003.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Scottish & Newcastle and Carlsberg said today that their Eastern European joint venture Baltic Beverage Holdings had seen sales volumes lift 14% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same ...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research