DENMARK: Carlsberg appoints new board member
By Chris Maddox
Carlsberg has appointed Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen as its new executive vice president. He will succeed Paul Bergqvist who is due to retire on 31 March 2006.
Rasmussen, 50, will head-up Carlsberg's presence in Eastern Europe, including BBH and Poland, as well as the Balkans, Turkey and Israel. He joins the brewer from the Gillette Group, based in the UK, where he is regional president for Russia, Central Europe (East), the Balkans, Turkey, Middle East and Africa.
"We are very pleased to have Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen join the executive management team," said Nils S. Andersen, president and CEO of Carlsberg. "He has many years of operational experience in markets of key importance to Carlsberg and brings to our group strong expertise in marketing and sales of fast-moving branded consumer goods."
Elsewhere, as of 1 January, Bergqvist's position as CEO of Carlsberg Sweden will be taken over by Stig Sunde, 42, who has been with Carlsberg since 2000. He is currently commercial director and deputy CEO at Carlsberg Sweden. Prior to this he was commercial director at Ringnes, Carlsberg's Norwegian subsidiary.
"The turnaround of our Swedish business is now well on track, and this allows Paul Bergqvist to pass on the job as CEO of Carlsberg Sweden to Stig Sunde," Andersen added. " However, we are very pleased that Paul has agreed to continue as a member of the BBH Board as well as to become chairman of Carlsberg Sweden, thus securing continuity in these two important businesses for Carlsberg."
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Scottish & Newcastle and Carlsberg said today that their Eastern European joint venture Baltic Beverage Holdings had seen sales volumes lift 14% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same ...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Tsingtao Brewery issues profits warning
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends