DENMARK: Carlsberg appoints MD at Danbrew
Peter Spøer, 46, has been appointed managing director of Danbrew as of March 1, 2004, replacing the present managing director Jens Due, who will retire.
Peter Spøer has held a number of management positions in international companies. He has previously been managing director for HOH Water Technology A/S, regional director for Semco Danmark A/S and director of NTRHolding/Rasmussen & Schiøtz Øst A/S, where he was responsible for construction activities and headed the company's component factory in the Middle East.
Jens Due was first employed by Carlsberg in 1972 to build its new brewery in Northampton, England. He also led the construction of Carlsberg's brewery in Fredericia, Denmark. He has been the managing director of Danbrew since it was founded in 1979.
Danbrew, a 100% owned subsidiary of Carlsberg Breweries A/S, is an adviser and turnkey supplier of breweries, malting houses and soft drink plants.
Danbrew has built 35 new breweries in 15 countries and has completed about 1,700 projects in 72 countries. For the time being Danbrew is building an large new brewery with a capacity of 3.6m hl beer for the Dutch brewery Grolsch.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?