MALAYSIA: Carlsberg appoints Malaysian boss
Danish brewer Carlsberg said yesterday that it had appointed Mogens Jønck, 51, as managing director of Carlsberg Malaysia Berhad from January 1, 2005.
Mogens Jønck is currently Group CEO of Kilroy Travels, one of Northern Europe's leading leisure travel operators, and has around 20 years' experience in Carlsberg. He joined the Carlsberg Group in 1980 and held several management positions within sales and marketing until 1999. As part of a career development programme with Carlsberg he was stationed in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia for a year.
When he left Carlsberg he had the position of sales director and was part of the management group in Carlsberg Denmark, where he had responsibility for sales, marketing, product development and logistics, and for merging Carlsberg and Tuborg's sales force in Denmark.
"We are pleased to welcome Mogens Jønck back to Carlsberg. It means we can fill the position of director with a person with knowledge of Carlsberg and great insight into sales and marketing, together with practical experience of the Malaysian market," comments Carlsberg president and CEO Nils S. Andersen.
In connection with the appointment of Mogens Jønck as managing director, Jørgen Bornhøft, who has recently been both managing director as well as chairman of the board, will continue as chairman for Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research