UK: Carlsberg appoints former Accolade man as sales director
Carlsberg has found a new UK sales director
Carlsberg UK has appointed a former Accolade Wines executive as its new UK sales director.
James Lousada, who quit Accolade in August after a company shake-up, will take up the role at Carlsberg on 28 Janaury, the Danish brewer said today (19 December). He replaces Chris Houlton, who stepped down in September after 14 years with the group.
According to his LinkedIn profile, Lousada had been seeking a postion as a general manager or MD since October.
Prior to Accolade, Lousada had worked for Foster's, Southcorp and Anheuser-Busch InBev.
Carlsberg UK CEO, Benet Slay, said he believed Lousada will "drive collaborative customer relationships further and support the team to continue to build market share in the UK".
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer