ASIA: Carlsberg appoints ex Coca-Cola Co exec as new Asia chief
Christopher Warmoth will join Carlsberg in January
Carlsberg has appointed a former Heinz and Coca-Cola Co executive to head up its Asia unit after the previous incumbent quit earlier this year.
Christopher Warmoth, 54, will take up the role as the Danish brewer's senior VP Asia and join its executive committee on 13 January next year. Warmoth, who spent ten years with Heinz, replaces Roy Bagattini, who left Carlsberg in June to join Levi Strauss & Co.
“Asia is a growth region with so many possibilities and with cultures which I continue to admire and enjoy,” said British-born Warmoth, who will be based in Hong Kong. “Together with the leadership team, I look forward to take the Carlsberg Group to the next level in its development.”
His last role with Heinz was as executive VP for its Asia-Pacific, Africa and Middle East regions. Prior to Heinz, Warmoth worked for Coca-Cola and Procter & Gamble.
Meanwhile, Carlsberg was today silent on reports that it is eyeing a new acquisition in China, either Tsingtao or Beijing Yanjing. The group is currently in the process of raising its stake in China's Chongqing Brewery from 29.7% to 60%.
In the third part of this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper reviews the environmental sustainability of three of the world's biggest brewers: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Carlsberg and Diageo....
Another set of quarterly figures for Carlsberg; another accusatory stab at the brewer for its over-reliance on Eastern Europe. It seems Carlsberg can't cut a break, and the almost constant reset to a ...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends