ICELAND/FINLAND: Carlsberg and Coca-Cola take two steps towards final agreement
Carlsberg and The Coca-Cola Company have been in negotiations since June this year over their future co-operation on production, distribution and sale of Coca-Cola products in Denmark, Norway, Sweden Finland and Iceland, and the partners have now taken the first two steps towards a final agreement. The final agreement is expected to be in place around the end of the year.In Iceland, negotiations have begun regarding a management buy-out of Coca-Cola Vifilfell with a group of local investors, who are interested in continuing the production and sale of Coca-Cola products as a local company.In Finland, the 100 per cent Carlsberg-owned brewery Sinebrychoff and Coca-Cola Juomat have signed a Letter of Intent regarding Sinebrychoff's assumption of production, sale and distribution of Coca-Cola products in Finland. A signed Letter of Intent is required in order for the parties to begin negotiations on overlapping functions.The consolidation of the operations of Sinebrychoff and Coca-Cola Juomat is dependent on the negotiations between Carlsberg and The Coca-Cola Company being successfully completed. The consolidation then will further require the approval of the Finnish competition authorities. Negotiations between Carlsberg and The Coca-Cola Company regarding Coca-Cola Nordic Beverages (CCNB) began after Carlsberg and the Norwegian company Orkla announced plans on May 31 this year to include Orkla's beverage activities in a new company, Carlsberg Breweries.CCNB is a joint venture between Carlsberg (51 per cent) and The Coca-Cola Company (49 per cent), which is responsible for bottling, distribution and sale of Coca-Cola products in the Nordic region.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- How big is MegaBrew? ABI/SAB market share, brands
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report