Carlsberg adds new beers to UK 'Crafted' range
Carlsberg's new range is available in the UK on-trade v
Carlsberg has expanded its craft beer portfolio for the UK on-trade as demand for speciality beers grows.
The Danish brewer's 'Crafted' range, which launched last year with 29 beers, will feature 39 for 2015, the company said. New additions include the 8.5% abv Boulevard Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale, 4.5% abv Fuller's Frontier and the 6.2% abv Lagunitas IPA.
Crafted comprises existing beers from Carlsberg subsidiaries and third-party partners and includes lagers, bitters, pilsners, pale ales, porters and wheat beers in a mix of draught, bottled and canned offerings.
A ‘Crafted Handbook’ includes information for licensees on stocking craft beer such as glassware, beer styles and taste profiles.
Other additions to the new range include:
- Grimbergen Blonde, 6.7% abv, in 33cl bottles and 20-litre kegs
- Jacobsen Saaz Blonde, 7.1% abv, in 50cl bottles
- St Austell Brewery Korev, 4.8% abv, in 30-litre kegs
- Thornbridge Twin Peaks, 5% abv, in 50cl bottles
According to Carlsberg, year-on-year growth for craft beer in the UK is at 34%.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts