UK: Carling to sponsor Old Firm £12m
Carling, the UK's biggest selling lager, is to sponsor the Scottish football teams Celtic and Rangers, also known as The Old Firm, to the tune of £12m, commencing on July 1st 2003 and lasting three years.
Carling is already one of the football's biggest sponsors in the UK, having backed the Carling Premiership for nine years (1992-2000). Carling also has existing partnership deals with clubs such as Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Leeds United, Sunderland AFC, Aston Villa, West Bromwich Albion, Blackburn Rovers and Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Carling owner, Coors Brewers said one of the key reasons for the sponsorship was the company's aspirations for Carling to become a major player in the Scottish lager market as well as further global plans.
Mark Hunter, Coors Brwers' marketing and international development director said: "We are excited about working with the Old Firm in Scotland and much wider afield. Both Rangers and Celtic are known the world over so, with Carling's heritage in football and its availability in over 20 countries, this is a great chance for three major names to work together to the benefit of Scottish football in general."
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends