SRI LANKA: Cargills agrees deal to distribute Foster's
Cargills (Ceylon) has agreed a deal with Carlton United Brewers (CUB) to brew and distribute Foster's in Sri Lanka.
In a filing yesterday (4 March), the Colombo-based group said that it has entered into an agreement with the SABMiller subsidiary to produce the lager under licence for sale and distribution in Sri Lanka. Cargills (Ceylon), which is listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange, has interests in beverages, food and retail.
SABMiller completed its acquisition of Foster's Group, of which CUB is a part, in December 2011.
MillerCoors' plans to launch a new, high-strength "golden" lager may not be surprising on one level, but the wider trend is puzzling....
SABMiller has opened a second brewery in Uganda as it seeks to relieve capacity pressures in the country....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range